30.3.14

Hello Lake Superior.

I did it.


Air temperature was 1°C.
The water felt warmer than the air.
I could see rocks on the bottom.
When I was underwater, I opened my eyes and looked up.
Gorgeous watery view, but one of my contacts froze.
As I walked back up the plankway, the beads of water on my hair froze, and I shook myself dry.

It was exhilarating.
I wanted to spend more time in the water, but they had a schedule.

Here's the Thunder Bay Newswatch article:
www.tbnewswatch.com/artsandlife/330930/'It's-pretty-nuts'

And here's the link to the general Polar Plunge site:
www.polarplunge.ca

Thanks to all my friends and family for your support and encouragement.
You and I raised $645 for the Special Olympics Ontario.
Totals aren't posted yet, but I suspect Thunder Bay raised over $35 000.

Thanks to Morgan for being my handler.

Thanks to Roger and Christeen for cheering "poolside" and taking the video.

You guys are all the best.
Anyone want to join me next year as a team?
I have a ninja suit and plenty of ideas.

Lydia.

P.S. My post-plunge breakfast:







No comments:

Post a Comment